Thursday, August 30, 2018

Living the 2nd year life!

Second year is in full swing.  I'm just wrapping up my second month.  July was In-Patient Medicine and August was Emergency Medicine.  It's been a whirlwind.  The new Interns are getting into their groove as new Physicians and the we are getting used to them looking up to us for guidance.  It's a weird feeling!  Most times, I barely feel like I know what I'm doing and now I'm mentoring other Residents and even have Medical Students working with me.  YIKES!!!!! 

I'm working on managing my time well, while trying to study and work and live life all at the same time.  It's been an interesting transition.  But that's life, at least in the last few years...nothing has stayed the same very long.  There's lots of change.  Always.  As soon as I get "comfortable" in one role, things switch up--be it a rotation or location or status as Student vs Intern vs 2nd Year Resident.

It's not all work all the time this year.  There's been some time to have friends visit, to go to Summerfest, the Wisconsin State Fair and a take a trip to Chicago to link with my Sis from Med School!!! Chicago is a cool city.  There is much more to do in Chicago than we actually had a chance to in a short weekend but it was fun nonetheless. 

It's almost time for a new rotation to begin...time to get mentally prepared to be in a new environment again.  Let the fun [and learning to be a good Doctor] continue...

Who wants to read and not see pics, enjoy!

Summerfest-tons of FREE concerts for every music genre you could imagine.  Got to see Tory Lanez--just what I hoped it would be!!!






Chicago w/my Sissy...



                                  The Chicago Style hot dog was actually really good!

State Fair  featuring Jumbo Cream Puffs, En Vogue & T[L]C...








Tee came to town and we got to check out the beach...The beach by the lake that I have yet to get in, BUT it looked nice. 





Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment