Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Year, New Mantra


Happy New Year! This will be my goal every day of 2015! What do you think??

Winter break seemed to pass in the blink of an eye.  I spent time in California and Philly in the last 2 weeks and I'm already back on the island.  The time at home was just what this future doctor needed.  Having a loving family and amazing support system of friends helps me keep going. 
I'm surprised but I actually got a bit sentimental when I flew in to SXM for the final time as an AUC student yesterday.

It's time to start the 5th and final semester here on the island!  Where has the time gone???? Looking back, the months have gone by pretty fast but while in the thick of it, it feels like the days can't pass fast enough.  I'm ready to be finished with school.  It's a challenge but I'm trying to live in the moment.   I realize that my days have already been written and things will happen in God's time, not mine.  You would think, after the winding path I've taken to even get to this point, I would have that part figured out by now--I'm a work in progress and have to constantly remind myself of that. 

Last semester was the most challenging for me since the major shock of 1st semester and what medical school was all about.  I struggled to keep all my juggling pins in the air at the same time.  It was so much going on and the classes were intense.  The combination of everything had me more stressed and anxious than ever before.  I developed unexplained aches and pains, ridiculous weight gain without much change in my diet, and my attitude probably left a lot to be desired at times.  I took some time to re-evaluate a few things before the final round of classes begin because I can not repeat the way things went last semester.  That kind of stress can't be good in the long run.  I'm claiming success in advance!!

With that being said, the next two days will be spent getting mentally prepared to tackle the last leg of this portion of my amazing race.  Preparing my study space.  And refreshing my tan while I have the opportunity :)

Until next time...




 

No comments:

Post a Comment