Saturday, February 28, 2015

Need help choosing a specialty?

Hi friends!  The end is nearer, ish, sorta kinda. My time on the island is coming to an end but my time in school is just reaching the half way point.  Right now we're in the throws of final exams.  I should be studying for my Pharm exam but I needed a mini break so I decided to hit facebook and see how much fun everyone else is having since it's the weekend. 

This road to an MD is soooooo long and one question that non-students ask me all the time, besides where am I going next, is what kind of doctor am I going to be?  I have an idea but I'm going to wait until my rotations get underway to see if it's really what I want to do.  You never know...I may end up loving something else more.  No decisions have to be made for at least another year and a half.  There's also that little test that will play a part in the final decision.  The looming STEP1 exam is really what will force you into one path or another depending on the score you get.

But, in case any of the other future docs out there don't know what field they want to go into yet, maybe this will help! Be sure not to cheat, or lie to yourself when going through the algorithm.  Goodness, this reminds me so much of how I used to study for Med Micro.  


 
the flow chart came from this website


Ok, back to the seemingly endless list of drugs.
Enjoy the weekend!!! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment